Monday, March 7, 2011

A TISKET, A TASKET...

A tisket, a tasket, I'm making baskets... thanks to the fabulous Valarie over at GLITTERY DAYS & NIGHTS, who has been making the most adorable Easter creations, I am in the mood to make Easter baskets! This past weekend instead of cleaning up the kitchen while the little ones were napping I spent a little me time doing what I love...creating...

My crepe paper basket, birds from Target last Christmas
Not quite finished, a little rosette here or there, glitter (naturally) and a bit of tinsel (just for fun)

Nothing flashy or spectacular.  It felt SO GOOD to starting from scratch, making it up as I went along and forgetting about everything else.  Too much time has past since I did something just for ME.  If you have little ones at home I am sure you know what I mean...

How do you spend your ME time?

Best wishes,
Tammy

8 comments:

Valarie said...

Oh, I LOVE that I inspired you to start on Easter goodies. I am finishing up a basket of goodies for you. I know I let Christmas go, and then Valentines, so this one is not getting away from me. Love to you...
Valarie

Mom said...

Really cute basket..They would make cute flower girl baskets..Good job..love, Mom

Natalie said...

Tammy, how cute would this basket be with my Nicol Sayre collection! Hope everyone is feeling better!!!

-Natalie

Mandie said...

You did a great job! What a sweet basket. My me time seems to work out to be blogging, lol. I never really get a chance to sit and I can sit and enjoy when I blog. Blessings

Katherines Corner said...

So sweet, simply lovely. Hugs

Amy Chalmers said...

I love that crepe paper basket. It has the ruffled effect that I adore.

Something Special said...

Yeah, Valarie has inspired me also. She does up really fun stuff. I have been working on Easter stuff too. Come say hi, I am having a giveaway in honor of my new grandbaby!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Hi Tammy...just thinking of you, how are you guys?