Friday, July 23, 2010

DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY LINKY PARTY - BROWN PAPER PACKAGES...

Welcome to DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY!  This week I am inspired by BROWN PAPER PACKAGES TIED UP WITH STRING!  I LOVE wrapping presents, no gift bags for me.  But ever since the kids were born wrapping gifts has become a chore that I rush at the last moment or delegate to someone else.  I realized that I already have a few gifts on hand and this week I am going to get them wrapped.  The inspiration came when my son found one of his gifts in our room earlier this week.  To make sure I don't forget what is in each package I will number the bottom and record it on my trusty calendar. 

My favorite wrapping is brown paper.  There are so many beautiful papers each year and I may pick up a roll or two but for the last few years brown craft paper has been my paper of choice.  It kills me to see my 9.99 a roll paper torn into pieces and crumpled up on the floor... Not only is it inexpensive but it is beautiful and can be both elegant and a little bit country.

Photo courtesty of Southern Living
My favorite look is brown paper and silver ribbon, and don't you just LOVE that skirt!

Photo courtesty of Southern Living

This is our tree last Christmas morning.
I found a ton of brown paper printed with trees for 80cents a roll!


This week I WILL WRAP THE GIFTS I HAVE ON HAND!  Last weeks goal was to start making ornaments.  I didn't get alot done but I did work on a few here and there.


They still need some glitter but I am happy with my progress.

Now it's your turn!  Each Friday join our DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY LINKY PARTY! 

1.  Share your pre-holiday goals, projects, great finds, collections, or gift ideas (doesn't need to have a Christmas theme)
2.  Link back to a post from years past
3.  Share a project you have been wanting to try (if it's not your original idea be sure to give gredit where credit is due)
4.  Please link your post back to this one.  If you would like grab the DECK THE HALLS image on my sidebar and added it to your sidebar or post (I will create an actual button one of these days...)
5.  Be sure to add the link to your specific post and not your blog

and finally...
INSPIRE & BE INSPIRED

2 comments:

jen said...

A) I am sorry I missed the party!
B) I want to see the Blonde
C) I miss our Fridays! boohoo
D) Maybe I'll be back in a few weeks
E) we are going to work this thing and have a party!
Hope your summer is going great!

luvs and glitter
~jen

Jill said...

YES!

I totally agree with the brown paper packages! I started wrapping with that a few years ago when my Christmas tree became my "Adirondack Tree".

I like to combine the brown packages with normal wrapping paper for variety.

Jill