Friday, July 16, 2010

DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY - HOLIDAY CARD ORNAMENTS

I vow that this year I WILL COMPLETE SOME OF THE HOLIDAY PROJECTS ON MY LIST.

Every season I get these ideas to create wonderful handmade ornaments, embellish our stockings, create an advent calendar for the kids, make some gifts, craft beautiful package toppers and wrap all my gifts before Christmas Eve.  Inevitably the days become hectic, what could be done today can always be done tomorrow and before I know it the holidays have come and gone.  THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT.  To accomplish my goal I am starting early.


My first project is these fun ornaments.  I remember making them in the 4th Grade and how frustrated I became when they didn't come out perfect (even back then  I was a perfectionist).  Since the little ones were born  I have been on the lookout for "childproof" ornaments for our family room tree.  Hopefully next week I will have my own to show you.  CLICK HERE FOR THE HOW-TO

If you want to join me in my pre-planning fun. starting next week I will put Mr. Linky up for you to share your pre-holiday goals and projects.  Just create a post sharing something you want to try or a project you have done in the past.  I hope you join me!

Best wishes for a happy weekend!
-Tammy

7 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

I completely understand! ;) Those ornaments are adorable.

Natalie said...

I remember these as a little girl. Each one is like a little puzzle, thanks for the memory!

-Natalie

koralee said...

I have always made these!!! Out of my old Christmas Cards from the previous year...my girls still love to do this fun project.
You are wise to start early..hugs.

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

I remember those...they are so cute! That would be a fun project to do this year.
How are your carrots growing?

jen said...

I used to make these, forgot all about them, so glad you posted! Well the wrapping all the gifts before Christmas eve has happened twice and it was not last year- LOL Ah I think perfectionism anonymous needs to be started but i doubt it would meet my standards haha! Hope you had a great weekend!

luvs and glitter
~jen

Valarie said...

Tammy....I love these, and cannot wait to make some. Let me know if yo want the pattern and instructions to make the dress that I had on my blog.
xxoo Valarie

Jane said...

Hi Tammy,
Those ornaments look wonderful displayed in a jar. Thanks for reminding me of these ornaments. Like someone mentioned above, I remember making them out of the previous years Christmas cards.
I haven't started on any Christmas projects yet but your Mr. Linky may be my motivation to get started.
Jane