Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This year has been a crazy one...

Our family has decided to make some changes. Starting with selling our current home and moving into a smaller yet perfect home in a quaint older neighborhood close by. I am thrilled! Our current home is wonderful but too much house and not really me. I am ready to throw myself into a remodel filled with uncertainty and excitement! You see I have only seen the house from the outside. It is a lovely 2 story colonial surrounded by oak trees that I have admired for years. I was never sure if I believed in fate but am beginning to.

Do you belive in fate?

Nearly 3 years while driving around looking for our current house I spotted past a perfect house, a white 2-story colonial in an older neighborhood, surrounded by big trees. Not for sale. We ended up in a beautiful guard-gated planned communinty in a big house surrounded by palm trees. Not my ideal house, but beautiful and an opportunity that we just couldn't pass up.

Crazy thing is that I haven't even seen the inside. My husband did a couple years ago and through conversations with the owner I have little gathered clues. A center staircase when you enter the front door (yeah), a den with built-ins, carpet from the 60's (yikes), a fireplace, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a big master closet. We will work with what is there, re-doing and updating while keeping the integrity of the house in tact. Yes, I am dying to get inside, but all in good time. You see I am a planner, it is what drives me and keeps me awake at night pinning away on Pinterest... Maybe it all has to go, maybe just fresh paint, carpet and a little bit of love. I couldn't be more excited.

It is as if some greater force is pulling us down this new path. You see this house is our "forever" house. A home where we will be for the next 30-40 years. It just feels like home.

No comments: