Wednesday, January 26, 2011

MORNING WITH MY GIRLS

January 26th...really?  A crazy and unproductive month it has been...even the tree is still standing (one of three is still up...at least it is undecorated).   The month started with a sick Daddy, then Mommy, then Emma, then Logan and finally Kate...nearly 3 weeks of round the clock tylenol, thermometers, tissues and sleeping on the couch.  We are FINALLY on the mend.

Yesterday the girls and I dropped Logan at school and spent the morning together...


An early morning at Target, we practically had the store to ourselves.

Next stop....Emma's first haircut!

Emma has been asking to have her haircut like Snow White.  "To my shoulders mommy, I want it to my shoulders."

My girl looking all grown up...that's Hoppy she goes everywhere.

If you have or know twins you will understand how odd it feels when they suddenly are different.  For three years their hair has bee the same, the clothes they wear are alike (per their request).  Then suddenly they aren't the same.  They are not identical twins (although people argue that fact with me all the time) but such a drastic change is a bit disheartening.  It is yet another sign that they are growing up and aren't my "babies" anymore.  Each has their own personality, their own likes, their own opinions, one loves blue the other pink.  I love that they like differnet things and that they are best friends.  Emma is thrilled and Kate, not so much.  You see she recently saw Rapunzel and gasped at the end when she has to cut her hair.  I fear Kate will never cut her hair.  She keeps asking Emma "why do you want your hair short, girls should have long hair?"

Another milestone...

Best wishes,
Tammy

5 comments:

Angela said...

I think it is great that they are comfortable stateing their individual opinions. They are both beautiful with their own hairstyle! My 5 year old granddaugher just got her hair cut in that same style...it suits her and she's very happy with it.

Something Special said...

She looks beautiful like Snow White. I am glad you are on the mend. I am having a valentiney giveaway over at my blog. Come say hi when you have the time.

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Tammy, they are so darn cute! Glad to hear you guys are feeling better. How is the weather out there?

koralee said...

Oh my goodness...your girls are adorable.

Sending you all lots of good healthy wishes sweet sweet friend. xoxoxoox

Faded Plains said...

Your girls are too cute!