Thursday, September 16, 2010

DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY - DIY Cardboard Villages

Ok, so it is time for DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY and I really wanted to share all I know about the early German cardboard villages but after a week of fending off a cold and taking care of 3 sick little ones I am spent... Instead here are some great tutorials on how to make your own vintage-inspired village:

The above are courtesy of Better Homes & Garden

The above are from the December 2000 issue of
Martha Stewart Living

For me they were LOVE at first site!  I immediately went to work creating my own little village.  Forgive the photos below, they were taken a few years ago at night in my sons room.


Usually I create my own version of a project I see online or in a magazine to make it my own but these were SO PERFECT I didn't change a thing.

In the coming weeks I will revisit this topic again but in the meantime give this project a try.  A great holiday gift for little money and you probably have everything you need to get started.

Now it's your turn! What are you working on or thinking about? Each Friday join our DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY LINKY PARTY!


1. Share your pre-holiday goals, projects, great finds, collections, or gift ideas (doesn't need to have a Christmas theme), If you are a crafter or have any etsy store show off what you are working on

2. Create a new post or link back to a post from years past

3. Share a project you have been wanting to try (if it's not your original idea be sure to give gredit where credit is due)

4. Please link your post back to this one. If you would like grab the DECK THE HALLS image on my sidebar and added it to your sidebar or post (I will create an actual button one of these days...)

5. Be sure to add the link to your specific post and not your blog

and finally... INSPIRE & BE INSPIRED

Thanks to everyone that INSPIRED us last week, each week the list grows!  I love visiting your blogs and seeing what you are up to and how you celebrate the holidays.  Can you believe that Christmas is less than 100 days? So much to do...
Best wishes for a happy weekend,
Tammy

5 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

That is a great project. I think my 13 year old daughter would love to make these. Great idea!

Thanks for having me.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Coloradolady said...

I just love these houses! I found your blog this evening and linked in with a gift idea. I hope that was OK. Thanks again! Suzanne

Celestial Charms said...

So sorry your little ones are not feeling well. The little houses are adorable, and I hope to be able to make a small village before Christmas. Hope the children recover as soon as possible.
Maureen

Lily said...

I love these ideas, will give it a try. Thanks for sharing :)

Lily

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Tammy, These are fantastic!! Now I just need to find the time to create these!!

Hugs,
Debbie