Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ANTHRO & BALLARD INSPIRED BATH

Last week I gave a little sneak peek at my guest bath.  It is still very much a work in progress but a few of you asked to see more so here goes...

This is the view from the family room, it is tiny.
The color scheme is simple, pale gray wall, black and white, I recently added the pop of yellow.  I am still not sure about the yellow...
It all started when I saw this in the BALLARD DESIGNS catalog last winter.  A little bulky for the small space and the price was not in the budget but I LOVE the look.
A gift from Mom & Dad last Christmas, $19.99 at Lowes, LOVE THEM!I can't seem to get that top shelf right...still looking for the perfect pieces.  The other's are starting to come together, I borrowed the yellow frames from my SHOP, I may have to make a purchase from myself! (Today I am liking the yellow...)
My chandelier (from Lowes) was a birthday gift from Hubby. 
I really wanted to take the tall mirror down but since I didn't want to mess with patching and painting drywall I settled on replacing the can light with a chandelier and I really love the reflection, the mirror almost disappears.
 A birthday gift from me to me...  Inspired by one at Anthropologie this version from Urban Outfitters was better on the budget and is beautiful, LOVE IT!
Bronze curtain rod from HomeGoods and my very favorite shower curtain rings from the Simply Shabby Chic line at Target.  I wasn't sure about mixing the metals but I just loved the rings and I think it works.
A print from HomeGoods given to me by my Mom for my Birthday.  I dream of crossing that bridge...
Another gift from my mom, toile bath towels from Target.
There is still lots to be done.... (from top left) Black & White Check Chandelier Cord Cover from Ballard Designs,  Oil Rubbed Bronze fixtures from Price Pfister, Rose rug from Urban Outfitters (from bottom left) mercury glass knob for medicine cabinet from Anthropology, waste basket from Urban Outfitters, Door Pulls from Anthropologie
The sink and floor desperately need to be re-done but they will have to wait a while.  I have been thinking of skirting the vanity or paint it black, we will see...  I do LOVE this vanity.

By the way, this is the before, truely a blank canvas...


There it is my work in progress...

Best wishes,
Tammy

I am linking up to the amazing THRIFTY DECOR CHICK -  OCTOBER BEFORE & AFTER PARTY be sure to stop by for LOTS of great inspiration!



21 comments:

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Oh I ADORE that shower curtain!

Valarie said...

Oh, how beautiful the room is!! I too adore that curtain...everything is just lovely.
xxoo Valarie

Moore Minutes said...

Tammy, I want to steal your bathroom and put it in my house. I really love the style. It is so tasteful and beautiful. This was a fun post to see. :)

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Beautiful room Tammy! The chandelier looks so pretty reflecting in the mirror and I love the shower curtain and black shelves. And I like the pop of yellow.

Room to Inspire said...

Your bathroom looks great - I especially love the chandelier and the fabulous shower curtain. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today!

Chelsea

Janean said...

you've done a fantastic job!!!! the chandie, the shower curtain, the colors....everything! and you have a clear direction for the *next phase* too. you got it goin' on!

koralee said...

You inspired me today my friend...I love black and white..my whole home is leaning in that direction. Now I have always wanted a shower curtain like that..thanks for the tip. xoxoxo

KimMalk said...

It is truly coming out lovely. I like the print your mom found for you, the chandelier, the yellow touches, your shower curtain... So much loveliness in one small space.

The French Bear said...

Looks awesome!!! I have the taps in brown and I love them, great shower curtain! Thanks for the pictures, I love what you have so far, oooh the chandelier is so pretty!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

What a pretty bathroom! I especially love the chandy and the shower curtain. xo, Sherry

Cari Skuse said...

Love your choices! Very nice so far.

Unknown said...

Wow. the is gorgeous. I have a blank guest bath. You've inspired me!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

This is so sweet!!

Kori said...

Looks fantabulous! The pop of yellow is great.

Wendy said...

Such a pretty redo!! Love it!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Everything is so gorgeous - I'm in love with that light fixture!

Victoria said...

That is gorgeous! I am in love with your lovely toile towels:) New follower!

Six in One Hand said...

Hi!!!

I stumbled upon your blog and I love it!!!!
Great job on the bathroom. I am now a follower also!!

Megan said...

This is too adorable! I love it! It isjust what I would do if I had an extra bathroom not occupied by a bunch of boys!

Megan said...

I just noticed you are from Windermere... I grew up there and lived there until I was 18! That's so funny to find you since it's such a small town!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Your bathroom came out great! I too love the shower curtain - what a score! Thanks for sharing.