Monday, December 7, 2009

VINTAGE CHRISTMAS MONDAY - My Grandma's Tree

I write this post full of excitement and a bit of sadness.  A few months ago I was fortunate to receive a large portion of my Grandma's vintage ornaments. She moved out of her house this past fall and my mom, knowing my LOVE of these ornaments, passed them on to me.  As thrilled as I am to have them they should be hanging on my Grandma's tree. She can be assured that they will always hold a special place on my tree and that each year the ornaments will be a reminder of all of the great Christmas's we spent together at their home.


I placed Grandma's ornaments on my tree first. As my ornament collection is growing rapidly many of the branches now hold 2-3 ornaments.  Putting these on first gives me a feeling that they are safer from little hands...




This is my completed tree, I am sure I will add more ornaments before the season is over (I always do...). I LOVE this tree, photos do not do it justice. It is tuly my favorite thing I decorate for the holidays.

Want to see more VINTAGE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS be sure to stop over at
ANYTHING GOES HERE for VINTAGE CHRISTMAS MONDAY

Click here to see all of the great VINTAGE CHRISTMAS INSPIRATION

Also don't forget there is still time to enter our GIVEAWAY. Visit the post below to enter.  I will draw the winner Wednesday morning.

Best wishes,
Tammy

19 comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

sweet! I love these old tinsel trees...

Julie Marie said...

Your ornaments are beautiful and what precious memories with your grandma they hold for you... Bisous... Julie Marie

anythinggoeshere said...

Your white tree is lovely and your grandmother's ornaments are very special. I have my grandmother's ornaments also! Welcome to Vintage Christmas Monday. xo Joan, your hostess

Unknown said...

Oh what a beautiful tree filled with memories! Warm hugs, Esther

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

What a pretty tree, and so nice that you received all of your grandma's lovely ornaments.

Blessings,
Debbie

Judi said...

Your tree looks fabulous! I understand the sadness you feel too of the memories you have of your Grandma's tree. You tree decorating post was very informative and I liked the pipe cleaner suggestion! I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. Judi

Junk Exchange said...

oh my gosh, i love your tree .. i wold love to have a big white feather tree .. i too have a ton of vintage ornaments - they won't be highlighted or see the light of day this year .. but next year, i hope to bring them out in all their glory ..
so glad i found your blog - wonderful stuff .. and 100 posts? wow ..
troy

Simple Home said...

What a beautiful tree. I clicked on it to get a bigger picture of the ornaments and the feathers show up wonderfully too. The ornaments are so pretty, and so special with the family history that goes with them.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Marcia

Unknown said...

I just love your feather tree...this year I purchased a tinsel tree and my husband put all kinds of vintage ornaments on it....it is also my favorite tree this year! Thanks ofr sharing, and I know how you must feel about your grandma....but perhaps she will get to see yours???

Faded Plains said...

Your Grandma's feather tree is just beautiful...and the vintage ornaments look amazing on it.

LBP said...

What an amazing tree! It is just stunning! I know Grandma is happy that you will love the ornaments as much as she did.

Blessings

Linda

★Carol★ said...

The ornaments are beautiful, and so is the tree! What wonderful keepsakes of your Grandma. I love the name of your blog too!
Happy VCM!
Carol

Georgia Peachez said...

What a lovely tree and how special that those ornies came from your grandmother. xo, suzy

julie said...

Your little trees are just lovely and special...julie

My Grama's Soul said...

What a beautiful white tinsel tree. Your grandma's ornaments certainly do it justice.

Blessings,

Jo

JOYCE said...

LOVE YOUR TREE...THEY ARE VERY SPECIAL ORNAMENTS...YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH GREAT MEMORIES OF CHRISTMAS..EXCITED ABOUT YOUR GIVEAWAY, JOYCE

Jane said...

I love your white tree with all of your Grandma's ornament. I can see why it would be a little bitter sweet but I'm sure your Grandma is very happy that the ornaments are in good hands!
Happy Holidays.
Jane

Valarie said...

How wonderful that your Grandma got to see how much you love her ornaments. I hope that someday my kids will see the beauty in the things I've collected. Have a wonderful day.
xxoo Valarie

Cathy said...

Oh what a beautiful tree and such special memories. Such a wonderful season!

Cathy ♥