Tuesday, December 8, 2009

AN EARLY CHRISTMAS

I must take a break from holiday decorating and store posts to share what my sweet hubby did today.  There is a shop in Central Florida called "The Stable" it is literally out in the middle of nowhere, does zero advertising, is closed in the summer and when it is open is PACKED! There is a series of 4 buildings full of all the girly decorating things we love including a Tea Room.  It is about 30 minutes from our house and my hubby often drives past and will call and ask "Need anything at the Barn?"  I always say "Oh, I wish" and today he asked and said "Really do you need anything".  My answer was "YES!" You see when I was there in early October I fell in love with a set of mercury glass acorn candleholders and a black metal welcome sign. Low and behold they were still there and hubby brought them to me today.  Yes, he is the best!


Surprisingly they both were where I saw them last and he scooped them up.  On his way home he called and said he got them and not to expect anything extra in the bag because he was intimidated by all of the ladies and the fact that he only saw 2 men in the whole place, one was a stock boy and the other was an older gentleman following his wife around carrying her bags...He said "honey, I'm sorry I just couldn't do it".

Thank you for the nice surprise!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love your goodies! Especially the acorns!