Monday, December 14, 2009

CHRISTMAS TOUR OF HOMES 2009

Welcome to my Christmas Home Tour!  Here is a peak at some of what I have been working on.  I promise you that I will re-do, re-work and re-style until December 25th (December 26th if I receive any decorations as gifts or go pick up any bargains...)

Because we have 3 toddlers most of our decorating takes place in the Dining Room.


As you enter the dining room is front and center. The chandelier is truly my favorite thing.



First, I created a bed of pine for my glitter reindeer and pinecones. Then I replaced some of the crystals with tiny mercury glass ornaments and german glass glitter snowflakes. When I was finished the whole thing got a dusting of snow. MESSY but worth it!



Just behind the chandelier a garland was hung and mercury glass trees were placed over the patio doors.



Our dining room tree, I will show more in another post.



Most of the ornaments are silver glass glitter...



...with little touches of antique red.  My favorite Teena Flanner Santa.



A white feather tree is proudly placed on the dining room buffet.



The top of the feather tree. A paper mache star, my very favorite bird ornament and a beautiful Christmas Tag (I got from Faded Plains)



This tree is filled with special memories. Ornaments from my Grandma, wedding presents from my sister-in-law, ornaments my husband brought me from Scotland, a retro-styled Mickey Mouse from our honeymoon (we met and were married at Walt Disney World) and my very favorite vintage-inspired ornaments from Seasons of Cannon Falls.



A favorite santa shadow box.



My new mercury glass acorn candleholders set inside my favorite mercury glass compote.



More mercury glass...I can't get enough...I also love scattering artificial snow.



Also hanging in the dining room.



Our tree in the sitting room across from the dining room.  This tree is done with blown glass ornaments I have collected over the years and glass icicles that belonged to my husband's Grandmother.  This tree is still a work in progress, can't decide if  it needs ribbon, tinsel or bead garland, or leave well enough alone...



My favorite bear sits proudly on our banister. Inspired by a photo I saw in Country Living.



Just across from the staircase as you enter the kitchen.



I just LOVE this postcard!



Our family room tree.  We have 3 little ones all under 3 1/2 and this is where they play.  I have left this tree bare (for now).  My husband's family would decorate the tree Christmas Eve, a nice idea but come on there is no way I could wait that long! So I thought we might carry on that tradition and decorate this one on Christmas Eve.



A wreath hangs on either side of the tree.  I just love this ornament I picked up at Joann's this year!



The view from outside into our sitting room.



Thanks to the Nester for making this tour happen, what fun it will be to visit all of the wonderful homes!

Also be sure to stop by THRIFTY DECOR CHIC for her CHRISTMAS TREE PARTY, browse her blog for tons of fun DIY decorating ideas!

I am also on tour with SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY, you will be blown away by her home!
Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment so I can visit your home too!


Don't miss all of the beautiful and inspiring holiday ideas at the INSPIRED ROOM!

Best Wishes & Merry Christmas,
Tammy

23 comments:

Natalie said...

Your home looks just lovely! I envy your chandelier everytime you show it!!!

-Natalie

Moore Minutes said...

Oh, there are so many things I love, I don't know where to start! The bear on the banister is adorable. I want to copy that. :) And the entire style you use is perfect...truly. You did a beautiful job.

Jodi Nelson said...

Love your white feather tree. It's simply awesome!

Hootin Anni said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Everything is so festive.

mY tOUR iS nOW sHARED....come by, if you can, to visit. Happy Holidays!

CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK

Anonymous said...

Love the chandelier and the view from the outside is gorgeous!

Merry Christmas

Kathleen

Amy said...

the view for outside looking in is lovely. Everything is lovely infact!!!

Jane said...

A fabulous tour! Everything looks beautiful. I can't mention a favorite because I loved it all. Enjoy the holiday with all of your family!
Jane

Heather said...

I love everything, it all looks beautiful! I love the white tree,gorgeous and so is the wreath with the ribbon! Merry Christmas!

Sammy Girl said...

Good Morning!
Thanks for for showing us around and the heads up on the tours! I'll have to come back and get caught up on previous posts.
Love all of your decorations!
Hugs!
Betty :)

Angie Holden said...

great job! And your feather tree is FABULOUS!!

Ashli said...

I love your home, and the chalkboard at the island is an awesome idea- consider it stolen (the idea not the island, I am not a robber just jealous)! Ha!

bren yule said...

Love your ideas did you make the chandelier in the old window? Is it on of those clings??? would love to know!

Anonymous said...

Mama, your decor is fabulous! Lovin' that feather tree and the idea to hang an ornament inside of a wreath.

Beautiful home! Have a blessed and bright Christmas!

Valerie said...

Very pretty :) I love the teddy bear idea
Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

beautiful! i love everything!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your decorations and your home is so lovely. Thanks for inviting us in for a tour.

Rae said...

I have the same mercury bowl from Pottery Barn! I love your white feather tree. I would love to add one of those to my home this year!!!

Dena Pickle said...

gorgeous home. i love the black chandelier
merry christmas
dena

Amanda said...

everything is lovely! how did you get the snow on your blog? i did it last year and can't remember how?!...

Valarie said...

Tammy....your home looks so beautiful. What a treat to see all this beauty. I want to say a great big Thank you for the amazing snowman tophat. I rec'd it in the mail today, and I actually jumped up and down. It is so cute. You are a doll. xxoo Valarie

Faded Plains said...

Your decorations are all gorgeous...but that dining room looks amazing...love it!

Joyce said...

Ah what a wonderful idea to put the teddy on the banister. Now the fluffy feather tree in your DR with all those pretty colors looks good enough to eat:) Merry Christmas.
Joyce

Moore Minutes said...

Been thinking of you today! :) Hope you're enjoying the festive days leading up until the 25th.