Friday, October 14, 2011

DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY - Christmas Bells

Welcome to Deck the Halls Friday!

I heard this week that there are only 11 weeks until Christmas! There is so much to do...

I have been pinning away, neglecting everything I am supposed to be doing, and came upon a fun set of vintage bells made from Christmas cards. Late last night I had to create my own.



Not perfected yet, but not bad considering I started this project at 10 o'clock at night.  The originals were crocheted, I did a simple blanket stitch using enbroidery floss.  The images I used were found on Pinterest

Below are the inspiration bells
Source: Etsy via tinselshop on Pinterest

I think these are so sweet, reminds me of something that my aunt made back in the 70's.

Next week I will show you my completed project.

What inspires you this week?  Share your links below.

Join the DECKT THE HALLS FRIDAY linky party and share your ideas, inspiration, stories, whatever you are thinking about this week that is holiday related.

DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY WILL BE BACK IN JULY!

- A new post or re-post from seasons past
- Link as many posts as you like each week
- Holiday inspiration photos (if they aren't yours be sure to give credit where credit is due)
- Gift Ideas
- Recipes
- Crafts
- Planning tips and so on...

All I ask is that you link your post back to mine and either grab my DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY button to place in your post or on your sidebar and/or mention DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY in your post.


Have a great weekend!
Best wishes,
Tammy

I am joining Natasha at 5 Minutes Just For Me weekly PINNING & SINGING PARTY if you are a pinning blogger or are just looking for great inspiration be sure to stop by!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I love this!

Celestial Charms said...

Hi Tammy,
Love the beginnings of your ornament. I love vintage Christmas cards, so this makes me happy!
Maureen

karanmi said...

They are very cute. I have a huge box of old Christmas cards and knew that one day I would find the perfect use for the.. Just may have found it.

Karan

Mandie said...

Gosh, you did a really good job! I am in love with Pinterest. I get on there everyday and pin something, lol. Beautiful bell!!

Robin Johnson said...

11 weeks until Christmas!!!! The pressures on!

Your bells turn out adorable. I just love the idea.

Joy Burkhart said...

These DO look like some ornaments I remember from the 60s and 70s! Great idea to use embroidery floss to put together, too!
xoxo
Joy @ christmasspiritallyearlong.blogspot.com

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks so very much for joining in with my weekly Pinning and Singing Pinterest Party. I am so thrilled that you joined in and shared this brilliant idea!

I so hear you re pinterest! I just can't stop once I start so I have to set down certain time limits and stick to them!

This week’s Linky party is on now so please come and check out my favourite pins for the week if you have 5 minutes to spare...I think you're going to like them...

Best wishes and happy pinning!
Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

Chris said...

Hi there, I love the Christmas decoration you made. It is so cute. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris