Thursday, November 25, 2010

DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY

WELCOME TO DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY!

This week I pulled out my trees and got to work!  I have a LARGE collection of ornamnents, 100's... mostly blown glass everything from Radko to kmart and I love them all, but I do like to change things up each year.  This year I decided to put aside my figural ones (reindeer, snowmen...) and bright colored ones and focus on just the shapes (orbs, tops, teardrops, reflectors and so on) and a softer color pallet.  Here is a peak at my nearly complete 10 foot tree in the dining room.  It is terribly crooked (I was too anxious to start trimming, should have fixed that first...someday I will learn and follow my own advise...) thus, I don't have a shot of the whole tree.

Before I get to the tree this is the small collection of ornaments and a foil garland that belonged to my grandma and grandpa.  It makes me happy just looking at it...




Birds, I LOVE clip-on birds, they make a tree come alive and glass icicles are like icing on a cake.

I wish I had better pics and truthfully a better post but I am STUFFED and aparently I am joining a dear friend at Target in the morning (4am, ridiculous I know...) 

Do you decorate your tree the same each year?

Now it's your turn! What are you working on or thinking about? Each Friday join our DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY LINKY PARTY!


1. Share your pre-holiday goals, projects, great finds, collections, inspiration photos, or gift ideas, If you are a crafter or have any etsy store show off what you are working on. 


2. Create a new post or link back to a post from years past.  Feel free to add more than one post.


3. Share a project you have been wanting to try (if it's not your original idea be sure to give gredit where credit is due)


4. Please link your post back to this one. If you would like grab the DECK THE HALLS image on my sidebar and added it to your sidebar or post (I will create an actual button one of these days...)


5. Be sure to add the link to your specific post and not your blog

6. You are welcome to link up more than one post, don't be shy!
and finally... INSPIRE & BE INSPIRED


A special thanks to all of the great ladies that have been linking up week after week!  And on a side note, I never realized how much time I spend visiting you while waiting in the carpool line, no school last week I am so far behind!

Best wishes,
Tammy


11 comments:

Jenny H. said...

Thanks for hosting the party - I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's entries!

Your blown glass ornaments are looking beautiful, looking forward to seeing more!

koralee said...

Sooooo lovely....I slowly change my tree from year to year...this year I am not really sure what I am going to do yet..

Hugs and hope your Thanksgiving was amazing my friend. xoxoxxo

Natasha in Oz said...

I just love the pictures with the pretty fairy lights! I also love your decorating idea.

Thanks for having me and I hope you found lots of fabulous bargains...at 4AM!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

How Much Fun ~ Glad I found you.... Now I can join in with the F.U.N.....
Cheryl ~ ZM

Mandie said...

Hi Tammy! We usually do the Christmas tree different every year. It is not on purpose, we just don't seem to use the same things year after year. I love the decoration colors you have pictured.

I would love for you to accept a blog award. It is the stylish blog award. I truly enjoy visiting your blog and would love for you to have this. Let me know if you fill it out as I would love to read 7 things about you!

Cindy said...

Your ornaments are really lovely, I will try to take photos and join you next week. I'm looking forward to it.
Hugs, Cindy

Rebecca said...

Hope you found some goodies on Black Friday-such pretty christmas tree pics!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Yippee, I finally had somthing to share and linked up to your party!
Love the bowl of vintage ornaments and the peek of your tree is such a tease! But it looks beautiful! How many trees do you do?

Something Special said...

Hi Tammy, I was away for the long Thanksgiving Holiday. So I just got to the Deck the halls Friday today. thanks for having it opened still today. It looks like you are really getting your decorating done. I am just getting started really. So much to do.

Unknown said...

It is lovely to be able to share in your decorating. It has inspired me to start early on mine!

Victoria Sayer said...

Oh, I have just stummbled onto your beautiful blog/decorating.
I love your grandma & Grandpa's old ornaments. Nice memories I'm sure.
I also love to decorate for Christmas. My blog is now chockas with about 7 posts on our home's decor, if you can find the time, you are very welcome to view.
Hope your days are Merry and Bright

http://greenandwhitegarden.blogspot.com/